Thursday, June 24, 2010

blog 7: handling opposition

Handling opposition for me is different depending on the situation. Most times I seek to avoid conflict and stay away from it like the people in 4th of July. But if I am confronted with an issue I will not back down. I will push through it and hope to find a solution. In Handling Room 15 the person saw what was in front of her and ran away. I would not do that. For example in a math class I had a 60 and did not understand a thing about the subject. I did not give up though. I went to tutoring several times a week and went back to wrong answers to figure out what was wrong with my answer. On the tests she put the hardest questions on them that I could barely figure out. I did not give up. I paced myself and did the easier one first before going back to the harder ones. On the harder ones I looked at every option and refused to turn it in till I knew I had done my best. I ended up getting a B in the class. If had had given up I would have just avoided the issue which would accomplish nothing. So you have to give your best and hope you will get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment